I’ve learned quite a bit over the past decade as a Nurse (going on 11 years).
10 years. 10 TRUTHS.
There are certain things in our profession that ring true no matter where you plant your feet, no matter where you practice, no matter what type of Nurse you choose to become.
These TRUTHS I discovered working in different areas of the world, working in different specialty areas, different shifts, different employers and different stages of my career.
These 10 TRUTHS apply to every Nurse everywhere.
1. You get out what you put in.
2. You have to trust your team.
3. Trust (and respect) are earned, not given.
4. The schedule will always suck.
5. The best leaders are the best followers.
6. The best team gets their hands dirty.
7. It’s not the job, it’s the people.
8. Bullies? Kill them with kindness.
9. NEVER forget where you came from.
10. You are NEVER that good.
Care to add a TRUTH that can be applied to all of Nursing?
Check out the video below. Click the title, head on over to my Facebook page and leave me a comment.
Don’t forget to share the video! If ya like what ya see…. tell someone. Hell, tell someone if ya don’t like it.
As always, thanks for watching and thanks for sharing. I love hearing from everyone.